POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera look_at question : Re: Camera look_at question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 20:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera look_at question
From: Severi Salminen
Date: 22 Jan 2004 11:02:59
Message: <400ff433$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:
> "Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
>

>>Ah I get it now.
>

> From Severi or from the image in binaries.images?

Both, I think, because you are doing exactly what I tried to explain ;)
And that can be achieved at least by cropping (or rendering only a
certain region), as you did in your example.

The trick is very useful when, for example, you try to take a photograph
of a building.

1. If you level your camera and point it straight forward, you might not
see the top portion of the building.

2. If you point the camera upwards, the building does not look
rectangular anymore: all the lines start to "converge".

3. If you level your camera, point it straight forward (as in no 1.),
and shift the film lower (maintaining the alignment) in relation to the
lens, you will see the whole building with straigh walls that do not
converge.

I posted 3 simple examples at p.b.i. They are all rendered so that the
camera is allways at the same spot.

Severi Salminen